In this month’s thrilling instalment of the world’s #1 maths chatter podcast, @reflectivemaths (Dave) and I discuss…
- The number of the podcast: 1000000000000066600000000000001, Belfigore’s prime.
- The rollercoaster question and the role of common sense in exams
- Colin’s reading: The Trachtenberg Speed System of Basic Mathematics
- Traffic maths and simulations – Colin recommends Traffic by Tom Vanderbilt
- Continued fractions, and how to do sums with them
- New ACME Science podcast (The Other Half)
- Previous quiz: gold star for @JoshuaZucker; explanation to follow in a blog post towards the end of June
- Puzzle, stolen from @aap03102: if you consider all of the arrangements of the letters of MATHS and place them in alphabetical order, where in the list is “MATHS”?
A selection of other posts
subscribe via RSS